I reproduced a feature I’ve coded in a previous job. I did it to experiment ng2 and I’m too lazy to explain what it is for. Just notice that there are 3 differents types (group, segment, criterion) and groups can contain all types. You can add, remove and drag & drop all types at any groups/positions.
When I coded it first time few years ago, it was with ES5 and Angular1.
And with this new version using Typescript and Angular2, I see the giant gap, benefits are amazing:
- Debugging before runtime (TS compilation)
- Readability (ES6 modules, events and properties bindings syntax)
- Performance (change detection following a tree structure)
- Compatibility (no more $apply, thanks zone)
- Maintainability (types helps a lot for refactor)
I didn’t use immutable/observable data here but I’m gonna try it in a future post.
I used this syntax:
Instead of this one which avoid an unnecessary div node:
Due to this bug which is gonna be solved in the beta normally.
Beta is coming!
Currently angular2 is in alpha 50 and beta is finished at 78% (47 issues left).
This year I asked father christmas an angular2 beta, hope magic will operate! :)